By way of Introduction

About this Blog:
A walk in the snow with the B.O.B.

There is so much to do here in the high desert, but I have found very few resources on the web to help me find new places, or know what to expect once I get there.

This blog is intended to be a clearinghouse for information about playgrounds, seasonal activities, events, hiking trails, and other activities that are appropriate for young children.  I'll try to include information about nearby hazards like steep drop-offs, traffic issues and water dangers where applicable.

This blog is intended for those of us who live in Central Oregon, visitors to our area, and for people who are expecting visitors from friends or family who have younger children.

Prior to moving to Central Oregon, we lived in the heart of Northeast Portland.  The boys love to explore so we'll have plenty to share about kid-friendly destinations in the big city too.


An Activities Map:

This blog is built around an activities map.  It's a work in progress, but it should help you to find your way to the best playgrounds, seasonal events, kid-friendly restaurants, and outdoor activities in Central Oregon, the Portland Metro area, and vacation spots around the state.

We'll be refining the map over time, adding places,  and improving the icon system. Each "place" will get it's own blog post as we have time.  In the meantime, I don't think you'll find a better source for ideas for what to do with your little ones.


About Me:

I am a father of two boys, aged 2-1/2 and 4.  I grew up in the semi-rural setting of Cottage Grove, OR, and have since lived in Longview, TX, Eugene, Corvallis, and Portland.  Our family recently moved to Central Oregon to be closer to family (My wife grew up in Terrebonne), and to give our boys a chance to grow up in a place with more recreation opportunities.

My Dad with his two boys
Since my wife is in healthcare, and I was in a construction related industry, I have become a stay-at-home dad.  The boys and I love to "egsplore".






Comments